Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Assignment for 10/18 to be posted on OIC
- What did you learn in this lecture, "English as an International Language"?
- Discuss the native and non-native speaker dichotomy. In your opinion, when does this issue become personal and highly sensitive for people who speaks English as a second or foreign language?
- What do you think are the factors that affect the intelligibility of the different varieties of the english language? Give examples.
- What language do you think will replace English as the language for international communication in the near future? Why do say so?
You need to:
1. type and submit your essay during our face-to-face meeting on 10/18
2. post this essay on the OIC message board and encourage other students to participate. Please indicate your English name and student number in your message.
Let me know if you have questions.